Grzegorz Kantecki graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (the Institute of Corporate Law), where he was awarded a master's degree in 2005. He completed (inter alia) a postgraduate study in the field of the Company Law at the University of Warsaw, a postgraduate management study at Warsaw School of Economics and graduated from the Centre for the Study of English and European Law at the University of Cambridge. Since 2010 he has been licensed to practise a profession of a attorney-at-law. He is also empowered to act as a restructuring counsellor since 2019.
He gained his professional experience in leading Polish and international law firms. He specialises in ongoing legal service of large business entities, in particular in the scope of preparation, negotiation of and issuance of opinions on trade agreements and settlement of business disputes. He has extensive experience in representing Clients before common and administrative courts and in negotiating amicable settlements. He acts as a representative of subsidiary prosecutors in cases related to violation of industrial property rights. He regularly runs trainings in the scope of plant protection products, trade agreements and the Labour Law. He is an author of the commentary to the Plant Protection Products Act of 8 March 2013.
He speaks English fluently.
Selected information on professional experience:
- introduction of a strategic investor (an international investment fund) to a company operating in the field of IT;
- auditing tender procedures at an order of the Ministry of Regional Development;
- auditing licence agreements and trade agreements of one of the largest publishing houses in Poland;
- preparation of a set of agreements regarding the organisation of events and advertisement for an international pharmaceutical holding;
- preparation of agreements regarding distribution of art collections into the Asian market;
- a wide range of debt recovery activities for multi-million claims;
- legal service of a film production;
- legal advisory at the time of conclusion of a lease agreement for 2,000 sqm of office space;
- legal service at the time of sale of more than 10 ha of real property for scientific purposes;
- representation in the case related to remedy of damage of considerable value caused by a proxy;
- preparation and conducting of a take-over of a large entity from the chemical sector;
- preparation of a bankruptcy petition filed by the creditor;
- preparation of an agreement regarding provision of global accounting services to the Client's subsidiaries;
- issuance of an opinion on a loan and insurance agreement of a large company;
- preparation of a joint venture;
- preparation of complete documentation related to processing personal data;
- advisory at the time of change of a car fleet;
- issuance of opinions on and negotiation of a considerable IT implementation agreement;
- preparation of a legal opinion and presentation related to the institution of overtime in the Labour Law;
- representation of the aggrieved party in the case related to marketing of counterfeit plant protection products of the value of several million PLN.